The Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board is teaming up with the University of Nebraska at Kearney’s College of Education to present its annual Show Me the Money: Scholarship and Financial Aid Workshop. The workshop will be held at the University of Nebraska at Kearney’s College of Education building on Sunday, September 28, from 2–5 p.m. All college-bound students and their parents are welcome.
Participants will learn:
- How parents and students can work together to develop a scholarship/financial aid game plan.
- Tips for laying the groundwork before senior year.
- Advice on how to build a college resume.
- Instruction on filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form.
- College admissions procedures.
The computer labs will also be open and advisors will be standing by to help students and parents develop scholarship search profiles and begin their scholarship search on the spot.
Show Me the Money is sponsored by the Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board with the support of the UNK College of Education and Buffalo County Community Partners. Admission is free, though donations to support the event and the Youth Advisory Board are welcome.
To get the full listing of the afternoon’s workshops and register for the event, visit bcyab.org/showmethemoney. For other questions or to get more information, contact Youth Coordinator Mark Foradori at 308-865-2290 or by email.