How Your Desk is Harmful to Your Health
Although your productivity may be improved by spending hours at a time at your desk, it is definitely not good for you health. There is increasing research showing that the more time you spend sitting every day, the greater your risk is for heart disease, even if you exercise every day.
This ARTICLE emphasizes the importance of getting up and moving throughout the day, not just for an hour over lunch or after work. Here are some suggestions for protecting your health during the day:
1. Sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair, strengthening your core and improving your posture
2. Walk while talking on the phone
3. Set an alarm for once every hour to remind you to stand an stretch
4. Take the stairs whenever possible
5. Avoid the closest parking spot to the building
Try adding one or two of these changes into your daily routine and see the difference it makes in how you feel!