Alzheimer’s & Dementia Coalition
Increase the community’s knowledge of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease. This will be achieved by building community partnerships, increasing education and heightened awareness.
• Increase education and awareness of Alzheimer’s and Dementia related diseases across the county.
• Increase engagement on all levels of our community by building partnerships in all areas of our community.
• Provide Lunch and Learn opportunities with key information for attendees to take away from the presentations.
• Connect with healthcare providers including physicians.
• Promote local support groups.
• Provide those who need information on Alzheimer’s disease with eligible Community Educators.
• Alzheimer’s Association
• Asera Care
• Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership
• CHI Health Good Samaritan
• Country House Residence
• Family Practice Associates
• Mount Carmel
• Platte River Radio
• Prairie View Gardens
• South Central Area Agency on Aging
• University of Nebraska at Kearney
• A total of 33,00 Nebraska residents aged 65 and older live with Alzheimer’s Disease.
• Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in Nebraska.
• 83% of Buffalo County adults feel it is important have plans for future healthcare in the form of a living will or advance directive, BUT only 1/2 have reported creating one.
• 75% of Buffalo County adults feel strongly about talking with family and/or a doctor about plans for future healthcare.
If you have questions about the coalition or want to get involved contact the coalition coordinator:
Ashleigh Drudik Email
Physician Resource Guide
One of our steps towards our goal was to create a local resource guide for physicians to distribute to patients and their families.
Past Learning Events
Last year the coalition hosted Holiday Tips Panels on Caregiver Instructions, Legal matters, and nutrition for the aging. You can watch the recordings by clicking the link below: