What is PhotoVoice?
Through PhotoVoice, Buffalo County Community Partners helps area youth develop a means of creative self-expression and constructive communication through photography.
Participants learn about the expressive power of the photographs they take of family, school and community life. They exchange ideas inspired by their photographs with their peers, school board members, city council members and other artists.
Each student selects their best photographs for exhibition and adds captions to communicate their own thoughts and feelings about their photos.
By exchanging ideas through photography, participants learn about their world, about each other and about themselves. What do the PhotoVoice photos say to you?
Photos On Display
Sign Up For A Session
To find out information on the next available class, email Josh Arias, email@example.com or call 308-865-2290.
These are photos from 2016-17 PhotoVoice classes.
Check out some of the news stories that have been written about PhotoVoice.
- PhotoVoice Reception 2017 – Kearney Hub
- “Photography Allows Tanner to focus on more than himself“- Kearney HuB
- “Teens who feel on the outside use photography to change their lives” – Kearney Hub
- “PhotoVoice lets youths express themselves to help them connect and grow” – Kearney Hub
- “Photography Giving A Voice To Nebraska Youth” – NET
- “Youths take photos to reveal what’s in their hearts” – Kearney Hub
- “‘PhotoVoice’ Exhibit Encourages Self-Expression Through Photography” – 1011 News
- PhotoVoice image used as cover for CHI Health Good Samaritan publication
This project was supported in whole or in part by the State of Nebraska and the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block grant.