Send your Cover Letter & Resume with 3 References to email@example.com
Temporary Position – Internships
Part Time – Social Media Internship is open at Buffalo County Community Partners for a student enrolled at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. This position reports to the Substance Abuse Coordinator and develops social media messaging to enhance Parents Take A Stand campaign, as well as other social media campaigns targeted to reduce substance abuse.
Part Time – Behavioral Health Collaborative Internship is open at Buffalo County Community Partners for a student enrolled at the University of Nebraska at Kearney or other educational institution. This position will report to the Behavioral Health Collaborative Coordinator leading the work of a new community collaborative to support behavioral health system coordination, areas of emphasis will be in early childhood development, juvenile justice, youth and adult mental health and suicide prevention.
Part Time/Hours Vary
Internship provides assistance to the Director to ensure efficient program development and implementation.
- Performs work with a positive attitude that reflects sensitivity and commitment to serving the needs of a diverse organization. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supports the work of Buffalo County Community Partners by embracing collaboration and partnership building reaching out to volunteers as a customer centered team member working toward Buffalo County 2020 Vision.
- Hours of work include 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Facilitate the work of the organization by compiling, organizing and processing information.
- Support the work of current projects in which additional staff support is needed;
- Drafting letters
- Preparing mailings
- Phone calls to volunteers
- Making copies
- Completing mail merges
- Organizing mailing addresses
- Work with Director implement community driven strategies to build a healthier community.
- Serve as a part of a customer service team to the volunteers and donors by answering phones, taking messages, greeting customers, and making referrals.
- Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of Buffalo County Community Partners, including federal, state and local grant policies and HIPPA requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills, including email, web/internet, and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to independently plan and organize time, to prioritize responsibilities and to meet deadlines.
- College degree is not required, however progress toward a chosen degree path is preferred. Internship areas for consideration marketing, organizational communication, health sciences, macro social work, public health administration and public policy.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license for work related travel. Carry at least $300,000 in automobile liability coverage. Ability to travel within Buffalo County.
- This work necessarily involves sitting for extended periods of time, looking at computer monitor and typing on keyboard.
- This work may also involve lifting and carrying boxes and other loads of up to approximately 25 pounds.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of this position. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
**Buffalo County Community Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.