Coalition Connection: March 2014

Posted by on March 18, 2014 in News | 0 comments

Coalition Connection is the place to find news, info, and more on all of our coalitions!

 

Activate Buffalo County

Learn more about our Safe Routes to School program and how we’re promoting active transportation at ActivateBuffaloCounty.com/SafeRoutes.

 

Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board

We’re recruiting new members! There are positions for students, grades 7-12, from Amherst, Elm Creek, Gibbon, Ravenna,  S-E-M, Shelton, and Kearney High School. Visit bcyab.org/apply.

 

Community Health Access Team (CHAT)

Let a community health worker help you manage your diabetes in the free Health HUB program. Contact Sentinel Health Care at 308-865-6907.

 

Positive Pressure

Parents, a safe and sober prom starts with YOU! Talk to your kids about the dangers of underage drinking. Visit positivepressure.org for more information on talking to your kids.

 

Violence Prevention Coalition

We are excited to begin working with schools to initiate the Second Step program and begin working on youth mentoring with the Buffalo County Youth Advisory Board!

Buffalo County Health Ministry Network

Learn how other parish nurses are serving their faith communities by ministering to people both inside and outside their congregation.

 

Community Coalition to Improve Alzheimer’s/Dementia Health

Stay tuned for information on our Alzheimer’s community education sessions. It’s being funded by a Helping Humanity grant from UNK.

 

Mental Health Coalition

In Buffalo County, 50.6% of residents reported always getting the emotional support they need. We’re working to bridge the gap for the other 49.4%.

 

Responsible Beverage Server Coalition: TIPS

TIPS is a beverage server training approved by the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission. Class schedule for April – June:

4/10 6 – 10 p.m. On-Premise Sales
4/27  2 – 6 p.m.  On-Premise Sales
5/18  2 – 6 p.m.  On-Premise Sales
6/5  6 – 10 p.m.  Off-Premise Sales

Contact Tana Nelsen to register. Check the RBSC page for future classes.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.